Monday, January 19, 2009

Number 4

Why four? Why not four? Four is the first number NOT to get a medal. This entry is dripping with sub-standardness. Is that even a word? Anyway.... Here is my no-medal award winning blog entry.


I just want to give a big shout-out to my Grand Pa. I want to thank him for everything he has instilled in me. What are those? you ask. Be PATIENT and I will get to that. I know that I wasn't always there for you when you needed me, but you were always there when I needed you, only, I didn't know at the time that I needed you. As an adult I look back on the things you gave me that I now carry with me through life.

The home I am raising a family in, was once yours. It has gone through some changes in the last three plus years. It hasn't been easy but I am thankful for your guidance. I know it has turned out just the way you wanted. Not only did you guide me just in your presence, but you gave me the important knowledge of how to do the day to day things. People from time to time will say nice work or they are amazed at how much we were able to do physically. Those compliments are hard to take at times because I know I don't deserve them as much as you deserve the credit of keeping me honest and humble. I can only hope to carry on the good work and show my children how to be good human beings.

I know you are still around, because I can hear you at night with grandma walking through the house, and I want you to stick around as long as you like and watch the home you once lived in continue to be a home that is loved and full of love.

I love you Grand Pa and I miss you. Thank you for your help......

Sorry to all those out there for this short and touchy feely entry, but I wanted to get this message off my chest. I hope to be back with something a little more controversial next time. Perhaps a little teaser for you.....Good v. Evil. Sounds exciting huh. Stay tuned.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming......

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for you and your grandfather, he has helped you in who you are today and I love that person that you are and have become. I know you will instill the same things in your children that your grandpa instilled in you. I have learned so much from you and look forward in learning so much more. Thank you for being a wonderful husband and father. I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... feelings? Just kidding. I love it.. It's nice to feel those we love around us.... :) Our niece that was killed in the car accident opens the cookie jar at my mother in law's all the time :)

    ReplyDelete