Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Words of encouragement

A little while back I posted an entry regarding educating oneself. You can do a search for it and I wont re-hash (too much).

I was listening to a talk show that I used to listen to everyday about 3 or 4 years ago. The host was very educational and entertaining. I really looked forward to listening everyday. Yes, it was political but the host was non-partisan and therefor made it very easy to listen to. No it was not Rush (not exactly a non-partisan spokesperson). I never have like the way Rush speaks about other people.

I started listening to Glenn Beck today again for the first time in about a year, and I am very disappointed. He has become more Rush like in the fact that he has become more negative and seems to speak down about US Americans. What is disturbing are his doom and gloom rants about OUR country. Yes, our country has problems, but what words of encouragement does he offer? A jab at another media outlet and their host. Wow, that is sure as shit gonna solve some problem, eh.

I am so tired of the MEDIA using the airwaves to send their one sided, biased, completely partisan agenda. As Americans we have a duty here. Stop getting sucked in by these talk show hosts and their antics. The DUTY we all have is to be as educated as possible about the opinions we have. Why be educated? That is where the TRUE power comes from. No one will be able to take advantage of you, manipulate you, use you, or enslave you. Listen to all sides. There is ALWAYS two side to a story.

Tomorrow night, the South Salt Lake City Council is having it's usual meeting. One of the topics is the sale of a small park located in a highly industrial part of town, for the purchase of a much larger parcel of vacant land. It is becoming a topic in our local mayoral race. The interest I have is because this was a non-issue until a resident from a completely different locality has made a public outcry that SSL has no clue what they are doing. That may be true, however, I don't think this person has even been to the park in question, but has an opinion about it. Ignorance is bliss, until it costs you. Anyway, I will post my comments to the editor regarding this issue in a seperate entry.

My point is this. You want to make a REAL difference? GET INVOLVED! Due the research and make it known how you feel. Especially at the local level. This is where you are directly impacted with the decisions made by your elected officials. Let them know if the are representing you. If they are, then thats a good thing. If they aren't - DO NOT RE-ELECT THEM. Make them accountable.

Good night for now

No comments:

Post a Comment